I love Banana Loaf any time of the day – it’s one of my favorite comfort food, so the minute i decided to bake for real it has been my first choice to make. Since this is my first post, let me briefly introduce myself.
Call me Arvee – a workaholic living with my 14 furbabies 10 chihuahuas, a poodle, a frenchie, a beagle and a doxie. My whole day is spent making errands and dog clothes. Am not a picky eater and will try anything you serve me. But I am culinary challenged, i love reading thru food blogs and while i check their recipes – i get lost most of the time. Some terms are just not getting thru me and some ingredients are challenging to source out. Because I live alone with my furballs – I make simple food for myself and or make do with take outs most of the time. But recently i got hooked on pinterest, even if I have been on it years ago – i recently got hooked pinning this and that and finally took courage to try those recipes once and for all.
Just so you’ll have an idea it was just approximately June 2014 that i took my first baby step. I have a regular oven, but I bought a toaster oven type to start my journey just because am intimidated with it LOL!. So to my novice and psuedobaker friends out there – hope you enjoy my simplified version of my favorite dishes. And to the pros out there i hope to enjoy your criticism in the future.
Because i love Banana Loaf am sharing my most trusted basic recipe here. After trying maybe 3-4 recipes from the internet I have combined and tweaked the recipes into a simplified one.
Breakfast Banana Muffins
- 5-6 Bananas (Latundan)
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup butter softened
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 large egg
- Soften 1/3 cup butter (Note: To make the muffins moist – i just microwave it on med settings for 1 minute, then stir with a spatula the unmelted portion by stirring continuously until fully melted.) Set aside to cool.
- Measure and level your flour in a med sized bowl. Add baking soda, baking powder and salt and whisk to combine.
- In a larger bowl, mash your bananas. Add the brown and white sugar and cream together ( until sugar is integrated with the banana). Add your egg and whisk again to combine. Once the butter is cool add the butter as well and whisk to combine.
- At this point preheat your your oven to 200 degrees C/400 degrees F. Add half of your dried ingredient to the creamed mixture but don’t overwork your batter – instead gently fold and mix to combine. Add the other half of the flour mixture and gently fold and mix to the creamed batter.
- Line your muffin pan with liners (this yields 12 cups) and pour your mixture evenly on each cups.
- Once ready I set my oven temp to 350 degrees F/180 degrees C and place the pan on the middle of the oven and bake for 25-30mins. Remove 5mins after the timer sets off and let cool on wire rack for 5-10mins and you’re ready for your first bite.
Hope you enjoy this like I did! – This is just the basic recipe and there’s a lot more I’ve tested that I’ll be sharing in the future so hope yours turns out as moist as it did with mine. Best for breakfast with milk or coffee, or break time as well. Ditto my fur babies loved it as well.